Graduate / Consultant Ecologists
Location: Bristol / Manchester
Waterman Group plc is a leading international multi-disciplinary engineering and environmental consultancy, providing sustainable solutions to meet the planning, engineering design and project delivery needs of the property, infrastructure, energy, and environmental markets.
Owing to a growing national workload we are looking for a range of consultants to strengthen our Bristol and Manchester ecology teams, with the opportunity to work on a wide variety of projects primarily in the regeneration, property, transport and public sectors. Whilst predominantly based in your local region, the role will include regular co-operation, travel and inter-office working with other regional teams in line with Waterman’s ‘One Team’ culture.
Candidates for the role will be degree qualified ecologists with a demonstrable track record in consultancy. Candidates should:
- A thorough knowledge of ecological legislation and planning policy in the UK
- Ideally have experience in both linear infrastructure and property development projects
- Membership of CIEEM and/or Chartered Ecologist status
- Depending on the grade, have 1-3 years’* experience in ecological consultancy or related sector
- Be able to work autonomously with excellent communication (including technical report writing) skills
- Be able to undertake ecological surveys and desk-based studies to a high standard
- Have a solid understanding of conservation legislation and protected species licensing, ideally holding at least one survey/handling licence for a protected species
- Have experience in undertaking Ecological Impact Assessments
- Be able to provide pragmatic, commercially aware ecological advice to our portfolio of major clients
- Hold a full UK driving licence.
The role offers excellent career progression opportunities within a friendly and professional team that has pride in the quality of the service it delivers to its clients.
What’s on offer for you as Graduate / Consultant Ecologists:
- An opportunity to join a multi-disciplinary team in a leading consultancy
- Flexible benefits scheme
- Excellent future career opportunities
Seasonal ecology roles will also be considered.
All interviews are currently being carried out online to ensure the continued safety and welfare of our staff. During the current and ongoing pandemic our employees continue to work from home, where they are able to do so; and our offices remain open and covid secure for circumstances where remote working is not feasible and this is reviewed on a case to case basis.
To apply, please send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com.
All applications will be treated in confidence.
Waterman is an equal opportunities employer and values diversity.
*where a level of experience is indicated, this is a guideline only and represents the amount of time we would usually expect a candidate to accumulate the requisite level of experience. This does not preclude applications from candidates with more or less experience.