Landscape Science Consultancy has a unique opportunity within our innovative and experienced team for a keen, self-motivated field ecologist who is looking to develop their knowledge of ecology. You will have a relevant degree and you must have a positive attitude and be willing to promote high standards in the profession.
You will develop a wide-range of skills assisting with Phase 1 and protected species surveys, including badgers, bats, great crested newts and reptiles; undertaking BatSound analysis; mapping; and report writing.
In return you will receive appropriate training and we will support you in achieving CIEEM membership. You will also have the opportunity to take an integrated role in the consultancy and have exposure to the full project life-cycle.
This will require an ability to review your own work and take guidance from your peers; to demonstrate the willingness to develop your time management, fieldwork and report writing skills; and to be proactive within the team.
The ideal candidate will have
- A relevant degree
- Proven and demonstrable track record of written and verbal communication
- Close attention to detail and a willingness to learn and have flexibility in a dynamic and evolving environment
- Experience with GCN/bats is desirable and an understanding of mapping software (QGIS/ARC/CAD) would be an advantage
- Appreciation of the seasonality of ecology work and requirement for flexible working hours
- Have a full clean driving licence and use of own vehicle
In addition we offer
- Training and development of all our staff to ensure competency. The consultancy is committed to providing opportunities for both structured and unstructured professional development.
- TOIL policy and flexible working hours to ensure a healthy work life balance
- Auto-enrolment pension scheme – on completion of probation period
- A dog friendly office
To find out more about our company please see our website www.landscapescienceconsultancy.co.uk
Applications should be in writing including CV and covering letter to: email@example.com