GE Consulting are looking for experienced ecologists to join our vibrant team with opportunities in our Exeter and Bristol offices.
GE is a mid-sized (30+) consultancy with an excellent reputation. Working for a wide variety of clients across the south of England and into Wales, big enough to work on major projects (1000+ unit residential schemes, 1000-acre renewables sites, national utilities contract etc.) yet small enough to feel like you are part of a close-knit team and not a small cog in a huge international organization. We are a company that puts its staff first, creating a fun non-corporate atmosphere where a love of wildlife is shared across a team of like-minded people and where work life balance is practiced not just preached. We look to develop and nurture our ecologist’s with plenty of training and mentoring giving them a fulfilling career.
These roles will vary depending on your level of experience but we require ecologists that are capable of conducting surveys, writing reports and managing projects.
The individuals we are seeking will have been working in the ecological consultancy sector for a minimum of three years. We are seeking bright and enthusiastic individuals who will bring positivity and passion to our team.
Essential skills and experience
- At least three years consultancy experience (not just ECoW but writing reports and project management)
- Excellent communication skills including client liaison
- Thorough knowledge of wildlife legislation and the planning system
- Full range of survey skills including PEA/BNG survey and protected species surveys
- Experience with using the BNG metric
- Be a member of CIEEM
- Attention to detail and the ability to deliver contracts on time and budget
- A client-focused approach where the commercial element of each project is understood
- The ability to work in a team or alone
- Flexible approach to working hours to accommodate seasonality and survey time constraints.
- Full driving license
Desirable skills and experience
- A Class 2 bat licence
- Full membership with CIEEM
- Experience of writing ES chapters and or HRA’s
- Experience of writing EPSL applications, preferably held in your name
- QGIS skills
Salary and benefits
- A salary to match your grade and experience
- Plenty of CPD opportunities and mentoring
- Paid leave to volunteer for a charity
- Company socials
- Your birthday off
- Contributory pension scheme
- All TOIL given back
- Flexible working options
- Increasing annual leave with service
- Paid professional membership
- Sensible level of bat surveys (minimal for Seniors)