Your new role
Working with the Estates Sustainability Manager you will assist in the delivery of a strategy to address issues such as energy use, resource conservation, recycling, pollution reduction, waste elimination, transportation, education, and building design.
You will be deeply committed to delivering environmental improvement and will be great at engaging and working with others to drive forward Sustainability within.What you’ll be leading on
1. Work with different teams across National Highways to ensure all data is accurately collated for internal communications, Corporate Carbon KPI and Greening Government Commitments (GGCs).
2. Support quarterly submission of data for the GGCs.
3. Continue to evaluate and develop Green Travel opportunities.
4. Support the development of the Green Champions network to encompass the Net Zero Plan and training of ‘Champions’ across the business.
5. Assist in the development and delivery of a Sustainability and Climate Change Strategy for Estates and Facilities.
6. Support the development of Sustainability communications, develop content for and support the activities of the team to raise awareness of and encourage behaviour change on key environmental issues.
7. Working with colleagues across the business to identify opportunities and projects within Estates to improve sustainability practices on site. This could include things such as energy use, resource conservation, recycling, waste elimination and transportation.
To be successful you’ll need
- Demonstrate passion and knowledge of sustainability and environmental principles and how these might be applied within the organisation to deliver Net Zero Plan. (relevant degree would be great)
- Good inter-personal skills and the ability to work flexibly and accurately with minimal supervision.
- Confident in engaging different audiences about Sustainability and skilled at adapting presentation approach as required.
- Good organisational skills in order to manage workload, respond to changing priorities and ensure deadlines are met.
- Ability to think creatively to solve problems and deliver a positive impact.
A bit about us
At National Highways we believe in a connected country. We are passionate about creating a culture where colleagues feel connected, included and enjoy greater wellbeing to achieve this. We’re proud that as an organisation we are continually striving to do better and actively encourage and support our colleagues to do the same with their careers.
Want to know more?
To request a copy of the role profile, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference number #2066