EnviroCentre is a leading Environmental Consultancy with over 20 years’ experience of successfully helping our clients to achieve their development and regeneration ambitions, whilst protecting and enhancing the environment. As result of our success we have grown to have a permanent team of over 55 staff with a diverse range of technical skills.
We have offices in Glasgow, Edinburgh, Banchory and Inverness. EnviroCentre’s current ECoW client portfolio includes companies operating in renewable energy, infrastructure and commercial/residential development.
We offer a flexible work environment, competitive remuneration and benefits package, in-house training programmes, a strong emphasis on health and safety, support for continuing education and professional development and the opportunity to work with and learn from other technical experts and professionals.
The successful candidate will be responsible for delivering onsite environmental and ecological auditing and an advisory role mainly on infrastructure projects across Scotland, summarised in the following points:
- Field work and review of baseline data;
- Compilation of regular site reports, draft Habitats Regulations Appraisals, Environmental Management Plans and Species Protection Plans for specific tasks;
- Delivery of toolbox talks and onsite guidance to contractors;
- Attendance and ability to present information at meetings;
- Work in conjunction with project stakeholders to achieve project aims whilst encouraging a high level of environmental protection;
- The use of Microsoft Word and Excel, digital photography and infield technology (tablet/pda) to produce electronic outputs;
- Operate in a variety of environments such as remote areas or operational construction sites;
- The delivery of the ECoW role for long and short term projects which may require some working away from home between Monday-Friday; and
- Supporting office management and administrative tasks.
Your skills and experience will include:
- At least three years’ proven Environmental/Ecological Clerk of Works (ECoW) experience;
- Under/postgraduate degree in Ecology, Environmental Management or a related discipline;
- Experience of working under (preferably) Scottish (or UK) legislation;
- Membership of the Chartered Institute of Ecology and Environmental Management (CIEEM) and/or of the Association of Environmental and Ecological Clerks of Works (AEECoW);
- Capable in Phase 1 Habitat and protected species surveying (incl. bats, badger, otter, water vole etc.);
- Capable in other relevant ECoW competences, available here: https://cieem.net/resource/competency-framework/
- A good understanding of standard guidance for pollution prevention;
- An understanding of current environmental legislation, policy trends and ecological guidance;
- A current CSCS card or equivalent;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- The ability to work well under pressure and undertake several tasks simultaneously;
- At least one protected species licence is desirable but not essential;
- Work effectively as part of a team or on your own in the outdoor environment;
- Comfortable working away from home and outside office hours as necessary;
- Good time management and record keeping;
- A full UK driver’s licence; and
- The ability to operate a 4×4 vehicle safely is desirable.
To apply, please complete the Job Application Form, which can be downloaded from the careers section of our website, and return this along with your CV to Gema Martinez (email@example.com).
You can learn much more about EnviroCentre at www.envirocentre.co.uk.