We are looking for an environmental consultant to join our team of strategic environmental planning consultants in Cheltenham, Gloucestershire. The post is full time and salary is negotiable with opportunities to earn performance related pay.
We are looking for someone who is qualified ideally with a Master’s degree in an appropriate planning and/or environmental discipline, who understands the importance of strategic environmental assessment (SEA) and habitats regulations assessment (HRA) and who can demonstrate experience of working with public sector clients.
You will be able to use your skills and experience to promote the cause of landscape and ecology-led planning and policy in a responsible and professional manner that balances the needs of development with environmental protection, enhancement and management.
The successful candidate will be joining our multidisciplinary environmental planning team in Cheltenham, Gloucestershire. Lepus is currently home working as a consequence of government advice. This is likely to transition to hybrid working. The post is full time and includes a package of benefits, to be discussed on application.
The role requires:
- Outgoing, likeable, ambitious and professional personality.
- A second class honours (upper division) in geography, environmental science, ecology or related discipline. Preferably a Masters degree.
- Broad knowledge of the UK’s environmental planning system, including the NPPF and PPG in particular in relation to landscape and ecology.
- Experience of environmental planning and assessment in a professional capacity to support local plan making or planning applications.
- Evidence of high quality writing skills.
- Ability to use GIS to prepare mapped outputs is highly desirable.
- A professional appreciation of landscape ecology, awareness of strategic ecological assessment and ecosystem services, the 25 Year Environmental Plan and Environment Bill.
Your responsibilities are to:
Promote the principles of sustainable development in strategic environmental planning and assessment in a responsible and professional manner working with our diverse range of public sector clients.
Help senior staff to deliver high quality SEA and Habitats Regulations Assessment contracts that will protect and enhance important habitats, landscapes, heritage assets, soils, water, places and people’s lives.
Provide consultancy advice, research and support on development plans and land use policy.
Play an important role as part of our busy team and demonstrate a willing versatility for new projects as part of our growing environmental planning consultancy.
How to apply:
If you meet the requirements for this post and are interested in applying, please email your CV and a covering letter in support of your application to: email@example.com
There is no closing date at the moment, but don’t hesitate to apply. The post will be filled once the right candidate has arrived.
Please do not call to discuss the post. We will call any candidates that appear to meet the requirements of the post.
Strictly no agencies.
Issued: 21st May 2021