We are looking to bring Environmental Consultants into the team who are passionate about delivering peatland restoration projects across Scotland, to help tackle the global climate crisis and reverse biodiversity loss.
You will work with landholders and businesses alike to design and implement landscape scale peat wetland restoration projects across Scotland. We are looking for people with competency using GIS software, applying for Peatland Action funding, and working with The Peatland Code. You should understand the Scottish landscape and be fluent at communicating and liaising with clients and other stakeholders.
The role is multidisciplinary and will incorporate a variety of field and desk-based activities. A professional and timely approach to communications and deliverables is required and an action orientated approach is critical. Travel across Scotland will be extensive and you will have a high level of independence on a day to day basis.
Writing Professional Reports – demonstrable competence to write reports that meet the standards of issuing bodies such as Peatland ACTION and The Peatland Code.
GIS Data Analysis – Proficiency in analysing GIS data collected in the field and drawing calculated conclusions, supported by graphics such as maps, tables, and graphs.
Restoration Plans and Grant Funding – Competent in the Development and design of sustainable peatland restoration plans, along with the ability to translate these into grant funding applications.
Tender Process Management – Ability to run open and fair tender processes for recruiting qualified contractors for restoration work on the ground.
Project Management and ECoW – Experience of project management and Ecological Clerk of Works (ECoW) responsibilities, including drafting and submitting progress reports and funding management.
Post-Restoration Monitoring – Support the Design and implementation of post-peatland restoration monitoring plans.
- Work safely and conscientiously at all times, keeping in mind that upland environments can be dangerous and the habitats that we are working within are fragile
- Provide advice on peatland, methods of restoration, monitoring and management, funding streams and communicate the services that CCP provide to clients and other stakeholders
- Contribute media (photos, blogs etc..) to enhance the brand image of CCP and develop professional knowledge through diligent research in creation of engaging content
- Carry out administrative requirements in a timely fashion. This includes management of own expenses
- Support development of internal procedures and policies to ensure business efficiencies are continuously improving
- Day to day client communications to ensure that stakeholders are kept informed of projects progress
- Any other reasonable requests as necessary to meet business requirements, client expectations and ensure the continued smooth running of the company.
Ideal Candidate Qualifications and Experience
- Relevant degree (BA and/or MA in Environmental/nature conservation) or demonstratable practical experience
- In-depth understanding of peatland ecology/hydrology
- Protected species survey experience (water vole, otter, ground-nesting birds, raptor surveys).
- Previous experience (2+ years) in developing Peatland ACTION and Peatland Code projects, including examples of two or more of the following: feasibility studies, restoration management plans, grant funding applications, ECoW/project management, PC Assessment Units, Carbon maps, Emissions calculations, additionality calculations, and risk assessments.
To apply please e-mail email@example.com with your CV and covering letter.