Are you looking for your next career step? Do you want the opportunity to work on a broad range of projects, utilising your environmental skills and experience to help support our clients with the development of their projects and delivery of biodiversity net gain? This role will provide you with this opportunity whilst working within a market leading environmental consultancy team.
About Our Environment Advisory Group:
Our Environment Group has been providing environmental solutions for our clients for over 30 years in the UK. We offer a comprehensive range of environmental services to support all sizes and types of development. From high profile infrastructure projects such as Dogger Bank Offshore Wind Farms and Sizewell C Nuclear Power Station, to carbon management, climate resilience, locally-driven habitat enhancement and wider biodiversity net gain projects. We combine market-leading technical excellence, across the range of environmental disciplines, with a clear understanding of clients’ ambitions, needs and pressures.
We are seeking an enthusiastic, optimistic, conscientious and talented person with excellent communication skills and technical ability in relation to terrestrial ecology. As part of the role you will deliver protected species surveys and assist in all survey work from the project inception and proposal stages through to the completion of ecology reports such as Preliminary Ecological Appraisals, Ecological Impact Assessments, Protected Species and Habitat Mitigation Strategies, Ecological Management Plans and Method Statements.
You will have good ecological understanding and associated experience of working on a range of development projects, including undertaking baseline surveys and drafting reports with a relevant degree in an environment/ecological or similar subject (equivalent non-degree qualification will be considered).
This role might be right for you if you have:
- Experience in the delivery of Preliminary Ecological Appraisals, Ecological Impact Assessments, Protected Species and/or Habitat Mitigation Strategies, Ecological Management Plans and Method Statements.
- Undertaken terrestrial ecological surveys and have experience of providing advice on mitigation measures using best practice.
- A willingness to travel will be required, along with a valid UK driving licence.
- Experience of working with biodiversity net gain calculations.
- Knowledge and a working understanding of relevant UK and EC wildlife legislation, planning policies and licensing regulations.
- Experience in advising clients (internal and external) and liaising with stakeholders in respect to terrestrial ecological aspects.
- Membership of CIEEM.
- CSCS card holder.
- Ecological Clerk of Works (ECoW) experience and/or liaising with Contractors.
- Excellent written and verbal communication, organisational, analytical and time management skills
- Good interpersonal skills
And if you are:
- Dependable, pro-active and self-motivated
- Flexible and adaptive / innovative
What we can offer you:
Ambitious. Exciting. Lively. Collaborative. Dynamic. That’s how our colleagues describe our company. Want to contribute to Enhancing Society with your expertise? Be part of an open network where you’re connected with the brightest and smartest people and technologies? Join us!
You can look forward to growing your career in a dynamic workplace with development opportunities and support on your career path. We have flexible working models, including part time roles, to ensure a balance of family and working life.
Peterborough, Edinburgh, Newcastle, Liverpool, Manchester, Haywards Heath, London, Exeter