DP Energy is recruiting for an Environment Project Manager to join the DP Energy Team involved in the development of a portfolio of renewable energy projects across various countries including Ireland, UK, Canada, and Australia. This role will contribute to a wide team of professionals in a fast-paced renewable energy development company. The successful candidate will be part of a team of global experts developing the future of offshore wind.
The successful candidate will ideally have existing offshore and / or onshore wind EIAR experience and will be able to apply this across DP Energy’s existing and future portfolio.
We are especially looking for any candidates with a marine or coastal EIAR background, who are able to apply their detailed understanding of these environments to our projects.
Location: Ireland, UK or WFH
- The Project Management of EIAR Consultant(s) soon to be appointed to provide Lead EIAR services for projects in the Ireland Offshore Wind portfolio. The delivery of EIAR for projects in this portfolio.
- The Project Management of the consent application(s) for projects in the Ireland Offshore Wind portfolio incl. provision of support on Consenting Strategy to the Environment & Consenting Manager.
- The Project Management of EIAR Consultants, when appointed, to provide EIAR services for UK Offshore Wind projects as well as those EIAR Consultants appointed to onshore wind projects in Ireland and Canada.
- The management of aerial surveys underway for projects in the Ireland & UK Offshore Wind portfolio and directly contracted to DP Energy.
- The management of terrestrial ecology and other long-lead surveys for onshore wind projects in Ireland and Canada.
- Procurement of and or provision of additional support for the Environment work area as required.
- Pro-actively providing technical advice and strategic direction to the Project Team.
- Representation of DP Energy in key industry networks incl. WEI, MRIA & others.
- Contribution to wider DP Energy Team as required.
- National and occasional international travel.
Key Skills & Capabilities
- Chartered member of a relevant professional organisation.
- Educated to Degree-level, but preferably Master-level, in an environmental or other relevant science or engineering discipline.
- Working knowledge of The EIA Directive and EIAR as well as The Habitats Directive and Appropriate Assessment.
- Experience of working within the planning process, ideally in RoI and the UK.
- Experience of working pro-actively with regulators, consenting authorities, statutory stakeholders, and non-statutory stakeholders.
- Excellent attention to detail, written and oral communication, organisational and time management skills.
- 5yrs relevant experience in the offshore or onshore wind EIAR.
Terms and Conditions
- Competitive salary and benefits.
- Permanent full-time employment, subject to a successful probationary period
- Emphasis on career development
- Based within the Irish Offshore Team in Cork Office and/or Buttevant or UK office. Flexible working arrangements possible, subject to business needs.
To apply for the role please go to the link on Irish Jobs, or forward your CV to email@example.com