An exciting and challenging opportunity awaits a self-motivated, organised, and flexible individual to work within an award-winning, multi-disciplinary consultancy business. You will work on a range of ecological projects across the UK, requiring a mixture of field and office-based skills.
The role will suit an experienced Ecological Consultant, who will carry out a wide range of field surveys over the busy survey season, alongside office-based work such as data analysis, cartography report writing and survey planning. You will be frequently involved with projects and schemes including bats, reptiles, great crested newts, badgers and bird surveys. The preparation and completion of Preliminary Ecological Appraisals, Biodiversity Net Gain assessments, Ecological Management Plans, Mitigation & Enhancement Strategies, and input into EPS mitigation (development) licences will also form part of the role.
You will be expected to work closely alongside your colleagues to ensure tasks are undertaken on time and to a consistently high standard. The ability to organise and prioritise your own workload in a fast-paced environment is essential. The role will be based at our office on the outskirts of Worcester, and Focus Environmental Consultants is proud to be a CIEEM Registered Practice.
Salary & Benefits: We offer a fantastic working environment with a strong remuneration package. Salary will be dependent on experience. Additional benefits include a commitment to ongoing professional development, pension scheme (above statutory contribution), payment of professional membership fees, TOIL policy, flexible working, and minimum of 24 days annual leave (full-time, plus bank holidays).
- Established professional Ecologist, with at least 2 years consultancy experience.
- Proficient in Preliminary Ecological Assessments.
- Experienced in bat surveys and assessments. Holding a Natural England bat survey class license would be a significant advantage.
- CIEEM Qualifying / Associate membership.
- A current CSCS card would also be a benefit.
Professional survey experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Botanical (NVC)
- Great crested newts
Outlook & Character:
- A desire to constantly improve personal performance and effectiveness through learning, seeking out constructive feedback, gaining insight and awareness of personal strengths and challenges.
- Confident and sociable person with excellent verbal and written communication, even when under pressure.
- Excellent project management skills.
- Initiative to make best use of time and opportunities.
- Ability to prioritise own workload to meet the requirements of the company.
- Full driving license and access to own vehicle.
Please do not hesitate to contact Graham Davison or Fern Fellowes-Day (01905 780700) to discuss the role in confidence. Email applications (CV and covering letter) to Fern@focus-enviro.com. The position will be open until the right person is found! No agencies please.