We’re looking for numerous talented Ecological Consultants to join our growing UK team. We are looking for people join one of the following offices; Guildford, Birmingham, Leeds, and Manchester.
Suitable candidates will have previous experience in commercial consultancy and have the confidence to undertake site and office-based tasks including undertaking protected species surveys, desk studies and preliminary ecological appraisals with minimal supervision. Variety and travel are key aspects of life as an Ecological Consultant at Thomson, so you’ll need to enjoy this part of the job, as travelling and staying away from home is a regular requirement, particularly during peak season. As with all ecological consultancy work, you will need to be a professional with the ability to communicate effectively and to maintain positive client relationships.
We’re interested in hearing from candidates already in an Ecologist level role as well as those who have gained experience in an Assistant Ecologist role and are now ready to step up to Ecologist level.
This is a permanent position, with a working split between office, home and on-site work.
Successful candidates will
- Have proven, previous experience in a similar role, ideally within a commercial consultancy
- a degree or postgraduate degree in ecology or a closely related subject
- have field skills in one or more specialist areas
- have prior experience of project management/coordination and/or coordinating surveys
- have working knowledge of ecology, legislation and survey best practice
- be an excellent communicator with the ability to write clear, concise reports
- have a full UK driving licence, use of a car, and be willing and able to travel and stay away from home regularly
- have a positive outlook a strong desire to succeed
- have membership to the Chartered Institute of Ecological and Environmental Management (CIEEM)
It would be advantageous if you also had the following:
- one or more protected species licences e.g. GCN, bat or dormouse
Working with Thomson
We promote a happy, friendly workplace and are guided by the company’s core values of Respect, Integrity, Support and Excellence. We excel at providing our people with amazing career progression and offer an extensive range of company benefits which include: 25 days annual leave, healthcare cash plan, enhanced stakeholder pension scheme, life insurance, discounted gym membership, paid professional memberships, clothing allowance, outstanding performance rewards, free parking and regular local and company social events!
One of the major advantages to working at Thomson is that our people are at the heart of everything we do. As an Employee-Owned Trust (EOT), all Thomson employees have a stake in the business and reap the reward of its success including performance-related annual bonuses. We also pride ourselves in providing market leading internal and external training opportunities which contributes to individual tailored career pathways.