ECOSA are a leading ecological consultancy based in Hampshire and Gloucestershire. Our team of expert ecologists work on a range of projects across the UK, including small to large scale housing, public sector and infrastructure developments. Our regular client list includes local authorities, architects, developers, construction companies and planning consultants.
Whether our clients need a bat survey or a detailed assessment in aid of achieving biodiversity net gain on site, we provide a complete range of ecological survey and assessment services to support planning applications, conservation projects or habitat management planning. Our fully licensed ecological contracting team also install on-site mitigation, and provide habitat creation, management and monitoring services.
ECOSA has a dedicated team who are committed to the success of the business. We are therefore committed to the development of our staff and as part of our team you will have access to:
- Contributory pension;
- Childcare voucher scheme (where eligible);
- A mentoring system to promote your development, with reference to the CIEEM Competency Framework;
- A generous structured training budget and regular in-house training;
- An extensive support network within the company to provide guidance and specialist advice;
- A relaxed office environment; and
- A rural office location with free car parking, large garden, wildlife ponds and lunch area (head office).
ECOSA is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to providing a safe working environment where our staff can thrive. Why not find out how you can grow your career with ECOSA today!
ECOSA are seeking an Ecologist and a Senior Ecologist to join our consultancy team at our head office in rural Hampshire.
You will use your expertise to deliver survey and mitigation solutions that ensure our clients’ development and conservation goals are successful in respect of ecology. You will be customer focussed and comfortable managing a range of projects and budgets.
You will have a minimum of two years (Ecologist) or five years (Senior Ecologist) relevant experience gained in ecological consultancy, local authority or a planning environment.
As well as undertaking field surveys, you will work on Preliminary Ecological Appraisals, Ecological Impact Assessments, designing and implementing ecological mitigation, compensation and enhancement schemes, habitat management and monitoring plans, and preparing and submitting applications for Natural England EPS licences.
Essential Skills and Qualifications
- CIEEM membership, or be eligible;
- Degree in a relevant subject;
- Hold a minimum of one Natural England protected species licence (minimum of a Level 2 bat licence for Senior Ecologist);
- Proven experience of undertaking a range of ecological surveys and assessments and producing high quality reports;
- Strong knowledge of relevant legislation, policy and guidance;
- Project management experience;
- Be a team player with exceptional communications skills;
- Sound MS Outlook, Word and Excel skills;
- A full driving licence; and
- Legal entitlement to work in the UK.
- Hold additional protected species licences;
- Botanical survey skills;
- Have recently obtained a Natural England Development Licence;
- Habitats Regulations Assessment experience; and/or
- Tree climbing qualification.
- A mentoring system and professional support network;
- Generous training budget;
- Contributory pension; and
- A rural office location with free car parking, large garden, wildlife ponds and lunch area.
How to Apply
Please email your Curriculum Vitae, ensuring to highlight all relevant knowledge, experience and skills, and a covering letter providing evidence of how you meet the above requirements, for the attention of Alexandra Nicholls, Company Administrator at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please let us know how you found out about this vacancy and title your email in the subject line clearly as to which role you are applying for, i.e. ‘Senior Ecologist Vacancy’ or ‘Ecologist Vacancy’.
If you would like to informally discuss any of the ecologist roles available, please email email@example.com in the first instance.
Closing date: Opportunities are open until positions have been filled.
ECOSA is an equal opportunities employer. Please note ecologist roles are only open to direct applicants; applications from recruitment agencies will not be considered.