MHE Consulting Ltd
We are a small but well-established environmental consultancy based in the heart of the Waveney valley in north Suffolk. Our varied project portfolios support a diverse range of clients from private homeowners, planning agents and architects to multi-disciplinary engineering consultancies, public sector bodies and wildlife charities. We provide bespoke consultancy services to support project planning and consultation, as well as specialist mitigation and Ecological Clerk of Works (ECoW) roles.
Location & role
The post will involve a mixture of working from home and at our office in Homersfield, with field work at various locations across East Anglia (the majority in Norfolk and Suffolk). The pro-rata salary for the Ecologist role starts from £25,350 per annum, dependant on experience and hours. Please note applications are welcomed from candidates seeking flexible working/reduced hours contracts, and from both more experienced and assistant/graduate level candidates (with job description, salary and job title adjusted accordingly).
- Preparing for, assisting with and delivering protected species and UKHab surveys.
- Data management.
- Undertaking desk studies, and preparing environmental reports and figures.
- Assisting with on-site mitigation and provision of ECoW services.
- Contributing to H&S and other duties as required.
- A full driving licence and own vehicle.
- Honours degree in ecology or related field (or equivalent experience).
- Eligible for CIEEM membership.
- Capable of managing a dynamic and varied workload subject to change at short notice.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to write clear and concise text.
- Strong IT skills.
- At least one season’s field survey experience (or equivalent e.g. undergraduate work placement, post graduate qualification, and/or voluntary work shadowing/experience.).
- An enthusiastic, team-player approach and keenness to develop further skills.
- Demonstrable previous ecology survey experience across multiple taxa, with sound field science skills.
- Experience in writing PEAs, EcIAs and Method Statements following standard guidance.
- GIS Experience (training will be provided).
- Working towards protected species survey licence(s).
- Understanding of relevant UK legislation.
- CSCS card holder.
- ECoW experience.
- Existing CIEEM membership.
- Flexible working (some seasonal extended/out of hours working will be required).
- Immediate enrolment in company pension scheme.
- Company laptop.
- Professional membership and construction/civil registration scheme fees paid.
- Training budget provided.
- Ongoing on the job training opportunities.
If interested please supply a CV and covering letter to Helen Booth: firstname.lastname@example.org