An exciting and challenging opportunity awaits a self-motivated and organised individual to work within an award-winning, multi-disciplinary consultancy business. You will work on a range of ecological projects across England and Wales, requiring a mixture of field and office-based skills.
The role will suit an experienced Ecological Consultant, who will carry out a wide range of field surveys, alongside office-based work such as data analysis, cartography report writing and survey planning. You will be frequently involved with projects and schemes including bats, reptiles, great crested newts, badgers and bird surveys. The preparation and completion of Preliminary Ecological Appraisals, Biodiversity Net Gain assessments, Ecological Management Plans, Mitigation & Enhancement Strategies, and input into EPS mitigation (development) licences will also form part of the role. The role does not involve any significant work on HS2 projects or weekend work.
The role will be based at our office on the outskirts of Worcester, and Focus Environmental Consultants is proud to be a CIEEM Registered Practice.
Salary & Benefits: We offer a fantastic working environment with a strong remuneration package. Salary will be dependent on experience, but the Ecologist band is £22,000 – £30,000. Additional benefits include pension scheme (above statutory contribution), payment of professional membership fees, significant annual training budget and a minimum of 24 days annual leave (full-time, plus bank holidays). The company also operates TOIL, Working from Home and Flexible Working policies.
- Established professional Ecologist, with at least 2 years consultancy experience.
- Proficient in Preliminary Ecological Assessments, with good botanical skills.
- Experienced in bat surveys and assessments. Holding a Natural England bat survey class license would be a significant advantage.
- Professional survey experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Botanical (NVC)
- Great crested newts
- CIEEM Qualifying / Associate membership.
- A current CSCS card would also be a benefit.
Outlook & Character:
- A desire to constantly improve personal performance and effectiveness through learning, seeking out constructive feedback, gaining insight and awareness of personal strengths and challenges.
- Confident and sociable person with excellent verbal and written communication, even when under pressure.
- Excellent project management skills.
- Initiative to make best use of time and opportunities.
- Ability to prioritise own workload to meet the requirements of the company.
- Full driving license and access to own vehicle.
Please do not hesitate to contact Graham Davison or Fern Fellowes-Day (01905 780700) to discuss the role in confidence. Email applications (CV and covering letter) to Fern@focus-enviro.com. The position will be open until the right person is found!