We’re seeking a passionate and focussed individual who shares our values and purpose – to balance business with biodiversity.
As our Ecologist, we’ll need your expert skills to bid, win and deliver a range of ecological survey, assessment and net gain projects that exceed client expectations without compromising your passion for wildlife and habitats. As part of the ecology team, you will be responsible for the management and safe delivery of a range of interesting projects on time and on budget, working with clients, collaborators and sub-contractors, where required.
Here, you’ll be part of a boutique consultancy built on passion, dedication, and integrity.
We’re a progressive and supportive team that is small enough to care yet large enough to work on nationally significant projects, supporting lasting, environmentally positive change.
Each team member can experience every aspect of consultancy work, learning from each other and our peers.
We encourage innovation and creativity and are committed to advancing your development. If you have a particular area of expertise you’d like to nurture, we’ll support you, through training, volunteering time and CPD.
For the right candidate, this is an opportunity to drive change at an exciting time in the evolution of the ecology consultancy sector.
Find out more at www.biodiverseconsulting.co.uk
- Fee proposals, desktop surveys, preliminary assessments, protected species and habitat surveys, shadow HRA and EcIA
- Method Statement production and EcOW
- Biodiversity Net Gain Assessments (including application of Biodiversity metric)
- Report, production, and technical review
- Support team in Protected Species Licence Applications and implementation
- Efficient and professional client relationship management
- Project management
The successful candidate will have –
- two years working in ecology consultancy
- Report writing
- Preliminary Ecological and Bat Roost Appraisal experience
- Protected Species Surveys (GCN, bat and badger)
- Application of Biodiversity Net Gain Assessment including use of Biodiversity Metric
- Client liaison
- Project management skills (including financial management and resource planning)
Skills and qualifications
- of BSc degree in Ecology or closely related subject
- of 1 Protected Species Licence at Class 2 level or progressing towards
- CIEEM membership (min Grad.)
What we offer
Visit Join Us for details of our benefits package and application details alongside other vacancies.
Adaptiveness, Collaboration, Creativity, Integrity and Passion. More here