We are an independent firm of designers, planners, engineers, consultants and technical specialists, through our work, we hope to make a positive difference on the environment and the communities where we operate, and to shape a better world.
This is an opportunity for a passionate and innovative ecological consultant, who has a broad skill set, to join our existing team in London. We are open to this role being based in one of our other UK offices and we will consider full time and part time applications.
We have a secured workload of projects across London, the UK and internationally, including some of the biggest infrastructure schemes in the region and the country including water, energy, transport, residential and mixed-use development schemes. You will benefit from working on a diverse array of projects of various scales and will be supported by a strong team structure and management. You will also be encouraged to engage with new ecological workstreams and clients, so there’s excellent scope for business and personal development in this role.
The team are becoming increasingly involved in nature positive proposals, including those that consider biodiversity net gain, regenerative design and land management, rewilding and the implementation of other nature-based solutions. This is in line with Arup’s strategic aims and commitments on sustainability, climate and biodiversity and we would welcome individuals who are interested and enthusiastic about these areas.
Essential Skills and Knowledge:
- Experience in a range of terrestrial ecological surveys – including habitat and protected species surveys
- Assistance in the delivery of multi-species survey programmes and reporting
Desirable skills and knowledge:
- Aquatic ecological skills and experience including coastal and/or marine
- Demonstrable skills and experience of EcIA, BREEAM and HRA
- Participation in a relevant body such as CIEEM, CIRIA, BTO etc.
- Holder of personal survey and/or development licenses (e.g. bats, great crested newts, dormice).
- GIS mapping/ CAD skills.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Ecology or a related subject.
- Appropriate membership of CIEEM
Please apply for the role by using the apply now button.