Ecopower is looking for a full time ecologist to join their team, based in Kilkenny, Ireland.
Ecopower is a renewable energy development company with a particular emphasis on on-shore wind farm developments in Ireland. We have a portfolio of new projects, comprising wind, solar and battery storage, to develop over the next 10 years. The majority of this development is carried out in-house with expert consultants used at different stages of the process.
Our planning team currently comprises of 6 people working in Kilkenny, who have extensive project design, mapping, EIAR and AA report coordination and planning application experience. We are looking for a full time ecologist to join this planning team.
Your role within this team will involve:
- Working with the planning team at the design stage of new projects to identify biodiversity constraints and survey requirements;
- Carrying out field surveys – including habitat mapping, and species specific surveys for birds, bats, mammals and invertebrates;
- Feeding into baseline information for development sites using desktop research and the results of field surveys;
- Development and design of biodiversity enhancement measures, mitigation measures and monitoring requirements for new development sites; and
- Responsibility for the development of the Biodiversity chapter of EIA Reports, and for the development of Appropriate Assessment Reports.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Hold an appropriate degree qualification;
- Experience of habitat surveys and protected species surveys
- Motivated to work both independently and as part of a team, often in remote locations and sometimes during unsociable hours (as required for survey work);
- Good communication skills both with colleagues and third parties;
- Experience of report writing;
- Full driving licence and use of a car;
- Advanced skills in the area of bats or birds of prey;
- Member of CIEEM (or eligible if not currently held);
- Experience of using GIS or AutoCAD;
- Competitive salary on a scale (€35,000 to €45,000) proportionate to your experience;
- In-house and external training;
- Payment of Professional memberships.
For an informal discussion about the job, please contact Julie Brett on firstname.lastname@example.org or 086-8312014
For formal application, send your CV to Julie Brett, Ecopower Limited, Zetec House, Purcellsinch IDA Business Park, Old Dublin Road, Kilkenny, or via email to email@example.com
Closing date for applications is 7th February.