Ecological Consultant(s) – multiple vacancies
Birmingham, Cardiff, Guildford, Leeds or Manchester
Full time, permanent
Are you a professional, hard-working ecologist seeking a new role in commercial consultancy? If you enjoy the variety of site work, leading a site team, hold a protected species survey licence or have specialist skills gained from working in commercial consultancy, come and join our growing team!
We are looking for talented Ecological Consultants to join our rapidly expanding teams, enhancing our offering to clients and building on our success. Fundamental to our business’ continual progression, which has seen 42% growth in 2020, is the recruitment of more great team members to join us on this journey and to share in our success.
Suitable candidates will have previous experience in commercial consultancy, have the confidence to undertake a variety of site and office-based tasks, including undertaking protected species surveys, desk studies and preliminary ecological appraisals with minimal supervision; alongside management of small to medium sized projects. Variety and travel are key aspects of life as an Ecological Consultant at Thomson, so you’ll need to enjoy this part of the job, as travelling and staying away from home is a regular requirement, especially during peak season. Outputs are expected to be high quality, on time and within budget. As with all consultancy work, you will need to be a professional with the ability to communicate effectively and to maintain positive client relationships.
You’ll be joining a company which is ambitious, progressive, rapidly growing and offers certainty in times of change. One where you play a key part in shaping the future and where you will be directly rewarded for your contributions to its growth, as we are proudly employee owned. We are constantly innovating and being opportunistic to market changes. This is demonstrated through many recent in-house development projects and the addition of climate change and biodiversity net gain to our commercial offering to our clients. It really is an exciting time to join #teamthomson!
Successful candidates will
- have proven, previous experience in a similar role, ideally within a commercial consultancy
- have a degree or postgraduate degree in ecology or a closely related subject
- have field skills in one or more specialist areas
- hold a protected species licence
- have prior experience of project management/organising and/or co-ordinating surveys
- have good knowledge of ecology, legislation, and survey best practice
- have enthusiasm for keeping up to date with new technologies and best practice
- be an excellent communicator with the ability to write clear, concise reports
- have a full UK driving licence and use of a car
- be willing, able and keen to travel and stay away from home regularly
- have a positive outlook and a strong desire to succeed.
These are permanent positions based at one of our offices in Birmingham, Cardiff, Guildford, Leeds or Manchester. The successful candidates will live within commuting distance of these offices or be prepared to relocate. An element of remote working will be considered.