CLM is a team of land, property and environment professionals, specialising in the rural sector.
We are looking for an ecological consultant to provide a range of professional services to our diverse client base.
We envisage the successful candidate will come from one of two backgrounds. Either:
- A private practice ecological consultancy OR
- A NGO, charity, wildlife / conservation group or local authority
Either way, we want to hear from you if you are keen to provide pragmatic, commercially aware solutions to clients ranging from small family farmers to developers and infrastructure providers.
The ideal candidate will:
- Membership of CIEEM
- Be able to work collaboratively with a range of clients and stakeholders
- Have a solid understanding of legislation, policy and the planning process
- Be educated to degree level
- Own a car and have a full driving licence
Your experience will include at least some of the following:
- Habitat and biodiversity management and restoration
- Natural capital, biodiversity net gain and carbon accounting
- Preliminary Ecological Appraisals and EIAs
- Habitat and protected species surveys / licencing
- Agri-environment schemes
- Planning applications / appeals
- Mitigation projects
- Adept at analysing and interpreting data
- Able to form strong relationships with clients, supporting both their specific project goals and wider objectives
- Aware of the opportunities and challenges land-based business face
- An excellent report writer
- Well versed in fieldwork skills
- Prepared to go the extra mile to get the job done
We are an independent consultancy, founded in 2004, delivering advice on rural land-based projects across England.
Our 15-strong team has a reputation for delivering a world-class service, but we’re friendly, down-to-earth people.
It’s no coincidence our recruits tend to stay with us – valuing a workplace culture that considers quality of life in tandem with self-development and career progression.
How we’ll work together
This is a great opportunity to be a key player in a dynamic company which is at the vanguard of cutting-edge aspects of professional practice such as ecosystem services.
It’s an exciting time to be involved in the fast-moving field of ecological consultancy and you’ll be given responsibility early, getting the chance to find and lead exciting projects.
We’re looking for someone who can bring an enthusiasm for – and ideally experience in – areas such as natural capital accounting and biodiversity net gain, and grow that side of our business, both with existing clients and through new activity.
You’ll have the chance to work from our lovely barn-conversion offices in Sussex and from home.
We hire the best people, trust them with responsibility and reward them accordingly and hope the role could ultimately lead to a directorship.
So if you’re hungry for a chance to carve out your own niche in a varied, fulfilling role and to help shape our future as we embark on the next stage of our exciting journey, get in touch.
How to apply
This is a new role created by our expansion, so the position is available immediately. The remuneration will be in the region of £35,000 commensurate with experience and ambition.
Please email your CV and a covering letter to Anthony Weston at firstname.lastname@example.org including details of your current salary and salary expectations. Or you can call him for an informal discussion on 01892 770339. All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.
The closing date is May 31, 2021.