We invite you to bring your passion, skills and experience and to the Ramboll ecology team where dedication, dependability and technical expertise are key to joining a friendly, progressive ecology team. As our new Consultant or Senior Ecologist, you will be part of our Environment and Health division, working on major transport infrastructure projects and a range of other projects. The work will be varied, covering a broad range of ecology services. This is a great opportunity to join a dynamic and expanding team delivering on key projects and to further develop a variety of skills and build a successful career within the environmental consultancy sector. Are you our new Consultant/Senior Ecologist? Click the apply-button to send your application.
Please note this is a 6 month fixed term contract.
Inviting bright minds
Do you want to push the boundaries of your profession and develop your excellence in an open, collaborative and empowering culture? We work to create a sustainable future and our inspiring projects and innovative solutions aim to set the standard among our peers. You will join a global company that has been growing successfully since its founding in 1945. Together, we lead and leave a positive impact on societies, companies and people around the world.
You will join our Ecosystem Solutions department
As our new Consultant/Senior Ecologist, you will be part of the Ecosystem Solutions team includes ecologists, ecotoxicologists and environmental economists delivering work in support of sustainable development, including biodiversity net gain, natural capital accounting/ecosystem services. We are a growing, ambitious and diverse team with a unique integrated approach; the team is a dynamic and friendly, delivery work for a range of clients.
Your key tasks and responsibilities will be:
- Planning and undertaking ecological surveys and producing high quality reports including habitat (e.g. Preliminary Ecological Appraisal) and species surveys
- Undertaking ecological mitigation design and delivery (e.g. Ecological Clerk of Works)
- Managing small to medium scale projects with input on large scale projects with the support of the ecology lead
- Liaising with ecological regulators and planning authorities
- Liaising with clients, partner organisations and sub-consultants concerning all areas relevant to our projects
- Delivering technical work on complex projects
- Fee proposal preparation
Your starting point for constant growth
From the moment you join Ramboll, we will support your personal and professional development so that you grow with the company. For this role, we believe your starting point is:
- Appropriate BSc or equivalent qualification (MSc in a relevant environmental discipline is desirable but not essential)
- Member of the Chartered Institute of Ecology and Environmental Management
- Expertise in survey, assessment and mitigation for one or more species group (preference for birds, bats or botany) and possession of a full, clean, UK driving licence
- Experience in a client facing capacity, excellent report writing skills and a track record of effective project management, delivering on time and to budget
- Experience working with site contractors to deliver advice and mitigation on site to ensure client commitments are met
Personal qualities that will help you succeed in this role include:
- Highly organised and able to prioritise own and others workload
- The ability to follow technical standards, guidance and project procedures is essential to work successfully on large infrastructure projects
- Self-motivated, reliable and dedicated individual
- Interest in the sustainability agenda and environmental developments in the industry
Welcome to our Environment & Health division
Ramboll develops innovative, scientifically sound solutions that help increase liveability by reducing pollution and restoring natural environments. One of the world’s leading environmental and health consultancies, our bright minds are trusted by clients to manage their most challenging environmental, health and social issues.