Yorkshire (Central / South)
Home based initially
Salary commensurate with skills and experience
Quants Environmental Ltd is an Ecological and Arboricultural consultancy with an established broad range of clients, from small local developers to large scale national contractors. We provide services for planning and development, industry and infrastructure, residential, commercial and renewable energy sectors. Our interesting projects span the UK, but we are especially active throughout Yorkshire and the north of England. We are hard-working, friendly and always professional.
We are seeking an applied ecologist at Consultant or Senior level, who will complement our existing experienced team. The new team member will be involved in all stages of projects from tendering through to completion and will be expected to have the knowledge and experience to undertake and
co-ordinate small to medium sized projects with confidence. A broad and solid foundation of terrestrial applied ecological practice is essential, with significant ‘boots on the ground’ expertise in habitat and faunal species fieldwork. In addition, the ideal candidate will hold a Class 1 or Class 2 Bat Licence and have experience of preparing European Protected Species Mitigation Licences.
Supported by our experienced senior staff, there is the potential within this role to expand the area client base and we are keen to hear from people who are ready to take the next step forward in their careers. This role will suit ecologists who wish to continue developing expertise in fieldwork, whilst furthering their project management skills. Our preferred candidate will have the desirable blend of sound technical knowledge, effective communication skills and an excellent understanding of client requirements.
The successful candidate is likely to have:
- A good degree in ecology or closely related subject
- Minimum 3 – 4 years’ ecology consultancy work experience
- Associate or Full membership of CIEEM
- Broad and solid knowledge of terrestrial applied ecological practice
- Detailed working knowledge of undertaking protected species surveys, mitigation and licensing
- Class 1 or Class 2 Bat Licence
- An excellent understanding of UK wildlife legislation and policy
- The ability to produce concise, high quality written reports
- Proven project management skills with evidence of commercial awareness
- A personable nature with the ability to communicate effectively, build good relationships with clients and work comfortably as part of a larger team
- Full UK driving licence and own car for work use
As a Company, we understand that our staff are our greatest asset and we fully support staff to advance their knowledge and understanding through Continuing Professional Development. We also offer 21 days’ annual holiday (plus bank holidays), paid professional memberships, a contributory pension scheme, a generous mileage allowance and opportunities for flexible working. We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer.
Quants Environmental is a CIEEM Registered Practice.
Please email your CV, together with a covering letter addressed to Andrew Westgarth (Managing Director) to: email@example.com
Initial enquiries are welcome by telephone to Andrew Westgarth 01765 600 799.