The Ecology Co-op is an established consultancy operating primarily across south-eastern England from its bases in West Sussex and Kent. The Company has grown year on year and its success is attributed to its profit-sharing approach to business management, where hard work benefits you and not just someone at the top.
We are a CIEEM Registered Practice that believes strongly in corporate social responsibility, has a deep commitment to the environment and a healthy work-life balance. We support our ecologists to develop a variety of experiences and skillsets, whilst allowing you to focus on your preferred specialism where you wish to do so. You would be joining a close-knit team of 17 ecologists, two Associates and three administrative support staff spread across the southeast, Devon, Monmouthshire and Norfolk.
We believe in striking the right balance as a consultancy, where we build positive relationships with clients by ensuring that we fulfil our role in implementing best-practice, whilst helping clients realise the benefits of achieving biodiversity net-gain, operating in line with policy and legislation requirements and ensuring that any project timing constraints are never overlooked.
The Ecology Co-op is seeking an experienced project manager to join our team. This may be an experienced consultant-level ecologist or a senior ecologist, but must be comfortable managing clients, writing good quality reports and can draw on experience in the field to interpret data. You will be happy to contribute towards supporting the wider team, particularly assistant ecologists and will bring forward ideas to help drive the business towards excellence.
- A degree and/or post graduate qualification in ecology or closely related subject
- Good field skills
- A good understanding of all key environmental legislation and policy
- Ability to produce well-written reports using full range of IT
- Full clean driving licence
- Excellent understanding of (and adherence to) best practice guidance
- CIEEM membership at an appropriate level
- Willingness to relocate if required
- Protected species licences,
- Specialism in a protected species or group
- Experience producing a Defra biodiversity Metric
- Project and line management skills
- Skills in GIS and database management
- Experience of marketing and client relationship building
- Experience producing Ecological Impact Assessments
- Good botanical skills
- Staff mentoring experience
- Health insurance through AXA
- A company car or mileage paid (based on your preference)
- A company phone and number
- A higher rate of pay for unsociable hours work (on top of base salary)
- Flexible TOIL
- A 38 hr working week
- Comfortable company branded workwear
- £750 annual training budget (with a larger budget subject to approval)
- No chargeable hours targets and no limit on training time
- Hybrid working arrangements
- 30 days holiday a year (inc bank holidays)
- Tax benefits as a shareholder (see below)
Consultant Ecologist – c. £23,000 +
Senior Ecologist – c. £26,000 +
All Levels – additional annual £3,000-£4000 Div/bonus*
*The Ecology Co-op is a profit-sharing business and each year we hold an AGM where we set out the performance of the company and provide full financial transparency. All employees are made shareholders when they join the company, with full time employees receiving 25 shares in their first year, with a further 10 shares allocated in their second year. Profits are paid out as dividends (paying no tax up to £2000), with bonuses also utilised. The indicated value represents profits paid out to all full-time staff with 35 shares between 2019-2022.
Applications by CV and covering letter to email@example.com must be received by 5 pm on Thursday the 26th January 2023. All applicants will be contacted within a week of the closing deadline.