We invite you to bring your ecological skills and experience into play as part of our dedicated ecology team. You will be key member of the team, working closely with the office ecology lead managing and assisting with a range of projects spanning several sectors. To succeed in this role you must hold protected species survey licence(s), or evidence of working towards these, with experience of managing and undertaking ecology surveys for a range of flora/fauna.
You will join our Ecosystem Solutions department
You will be part of our Environment and Health division, working on transport infrastructure projects and projects in a range of other sectors. Work will be varied, covering a broad range of ecology services. The role will involve delivering small – medium scale projects including managing and undertaking ecological surveys, reporting, ecological mitigation design and liaising with relevant stakeholders. This is a great opportunity to join a dynamic and expanding team delivering on key projects and to further develop a variety of skills and build a successful career within the environmental consultancy sector.
Your key tasks and responsibilities will be:
- Undertaking ecological surveys and producing high quality reports including habitat (e.g. Preliminary Ecological Appraisal) and species surveys
- Designing and delivering ecological mitigation (e.g. Ecological Clerk of Works)
- Liaising with ecological regulators and planning authorities
- Liaising with Ramboll project managers, clients, partner organisations and sub-consultants concerning all areas relevant to our projects
- Delivering technical work on complex projects
- Fee proposal preparation
- (Senior only): planning surveys and resources, managing projects, supervision of more junior ecologists, key client contact and prominent member of the regional ecology team.
Your starting point for constant growth
From the moment you join Ramboll, we will support your personal and professional development so that you grow with the company. For this role, we believe your starting point is:
- Experienced in field work and application of survey techniques in accordance with best practice guidance, in particular the ability to carry out (and lead for Senior Ecologist) on PEA and protected species surveys
- Ability to communicate effectively to a range of audiences
- Capable of producing clear and concise written documents fit for the desired purpose
- Ideally hold one or more protected species survey license
- Good knowledge of relevant environmental/ecology legislation
- An understanding of the UK planning system in relation to development and the integration of ecology
Further details available on the Ramboll careers site.