Our long-established ecology team, based in Glasgow City Centre, is looking for a dynamic and experienced ecologist or ornithologist to deliver both office and field-based aspects of consultancy. We are ideally looking to appoint at consultant level, but all levels of experience will be considered. The successful candidate will have a good working knowledge of ecological or ornithological guidance, legislation and policy, and will be responsible for managing, co-ordinating and carrying out surveys, delivering reports and site assessments, and supporting the Glasgow Ecology Team, and the wider Arcus team.
For this role, a suitable candidate will be able to:
- Provide support to the Glasgow Ecology Team, both in the office and in the field;
- Plan, co-ordinate and manage ecology surveys;
- Manage ecological or ornithological survey data;
- Manage projects and sub-consultants;
- Produce high quality ecological reports and appraisals, and contribute into ecological impact assessments;
- Provide technical advice to clients and other technical teams; and to
- Liaise and consult with planning authorities and relevant stakeholders.
Skills & Experience, candidates will ideally:
- Be members of the Chartered Institute of Ecology & Environmental Management.
- Have an established level of ecological consultancy experience.
- Have expertise in Scottish species/habitats, including relevant survey guidance and legislation.
In addition to the above, we are particularly interested in hearing from candidates with some of the following:
- Experience in the renewable energy sector, such as onshore and offshore wind;
- Marine or fisheries knowledge and experience;
- Habitats & botanical knowledge and expertise;
- Scottish Natural Heritage Protected Species Licence application experience;
- GIS and bat or bird survey data analysis skills;
- Ecological Impact Assessment experience; and
- Ecological Clerk of Works experience (including valid CSCS card).
Please Note: A full driving licence is required for this role.
Please send your CV and covering letter outlining why you believe you are a suitable candidate for the role to email@example.com .
For further information on all vacancies at Arcus, please visit the Careers Section of our website at www.arcusconsulting.co.uk