We are looking for two ambitious and enthusiastic Ecologists to join the team either full time or part-time. Salary £25,500 – £32,000 FTE, subject to experience.
This role would provide you with an opportunity to gain exposure to a wide variety of projects and clients and further develop your career in all aspects of consultancy work.
You would be involved in all areas of our work, working with a friendly team of ecologists and subcontractors. You would undertake ecological surveys and mitigation, supporting junior staff, writing reports, whilst liaising with clients and their design teams, as well as LPAs.
Who We Are
Established in 2004, Greenwillows Associates is a forward thinking, independent consultancy based in the heart of the Cambridgeshire countryside.
We conduct a wide variety of ecological surveys across Central and Eastern England as well as providing arboricultural consultancy and practical habitat creation/management services.
Our commitment to nature conservation is central to our business values, whilst balancing this with our duty to our clients. We proactively choose work that closely aligns with our conservation values, for example current projects include writing and enacting a 5-year management plan for nightingale habitat creation, and monitoring and advising on a rewilding project for a local authority.
What We Offer
- Flexible working arrangements: We pride ourselves on being a family friendly, inclusive business, that places importance on our staff’s wellbeing. Our current staff have various flexible working arrangements to suit their individual needs and personal responsibilities.
- Competitive salary: We regularly review our pay scales to ensure we remain competitive and offer clear paths for promotion and salary increases based on regular performance reviews.
- Training: We offer a generous CPD budget, paid CIEEM membership and personal survey licences, and encourage attendance at conferences where relevant.
- Local field work: We have a strong local client base and pride ourselves on working on sites predominantly in our region, limiting the need for our staff to be working away from home.
- Diverse portfolio of work: We are fortunate to already have a diverse range of work; however, as a forward-thinking company we strive for continual improvement and proactively seek opportunities to expand our team’s skill set and our subsequent range of services that positively challenge, but also inspire our staff.
What We Are Looking For
- Have relevant professional ecological experience (ideally a minimum of 2 years’ relevant work experience in ecological consultancy)
- Hold personal survey licences (level 1 or above for bats and GCN) and be competent in the survey of, and mitigation for, at least 2 protected species.
- Hold associate level membership of CIEEM
- Have proven botanical skills, ideally at a FISC Level 3 or above (or a willingness to achieve this, we will provide training and assessment).
- Have the ability to undertake habitat surveys using UKHabs and use the Biodiversity Metric to accompany planning applications.
- Have a professional, enthusiastic, and positive approach and be able to engage successfully with clients and stakeholders.
- Have good knowledge of UK and European environmental legislation.
- Have good report writing skills with experience of writing PEARs and EcIAs
- Be confident and able to manage own workload, be proactive in managing projects
- Have a BSc/MSc or equivalent qualification in a relevant field.
- Have a full clean UK driving licence and access to own transport.
Please apply by emailing your CV and a covering letter to Claire Parnwell: firstname.lastname@example.org
We are also interested in hearing from candidates with more experience than that listed, who are looking for a more senior role.