To manage the ecological deliverables across projects.
- to lead and develop our in-house bat capability and provide mentoring to more junior ecologists.
- providing general field and office ecological support on a wide range of projects including fluvial and coastal flood risk management, water utility, rail, renewable/ energy projects and other large scale infrastructure;
- managing and writing all stages of Ecological Impact Assessments (EcIA) and HRA;
- oversee licence applications and mitigation;
- supporting business development and tenders.
Essential Person Profile Requirements
- Environmental related degree.
- Be a Full member of CIEEM.
- Be a Chartered Ecologist or Environmentalist.
- Be a Licensed bat ecologist.
- Have an excellent grounding in all stages of ecological assessment including PEAs and EcIA, preferably in relation to flood/coastal management, rail, water utility or energy projects.
- In addition to bats should be competent to lead most of the following surveys: Extended Phase 1 survey, Water vole, Badger, Otter, Amphibians including Great Crested Newts, Hedgerows, Invasive plants and Reptiles.
- Have a knowledge base of Ecological Impact Assessment (including Preliminary Environmental Assessment and EcIA) and Best practice methods of ecological surveys and mitigation
- Be a team player and have effective communication skills.
- Have excellent written and oral communication.
- Be a self-starter and have a professional manner.
- Hold a full driving licence.