Are you passionate about protected species? Are you batty about bats or wild about botany? Do you love getting involved with exciting project teams to help deliver high quality development projects? Mad about mentoring others? You’ll fit right in.
At Tyler Grange, we take a creative approach to every challenge we face; the normal way of doing things isn’t always the best way. If you enjoy getting stuck in and immersing yourself in a fast paced and energetic environment, this job is for you.
We are looking for an Associate Ecologist to join our London office. To apply please send us a CV and a Covering Letter (firstname.lastname@example.org).
The tasks you’ll come across will be varied to say the least… You will juggle a combination of juicy projects you can sink your teeth into and offer assistance to others in cross-discipline team. You will be adept at changing plans with the weather, but there will be quieter moments to take stock (join one of our yoga sessions?!). No day will be the same and we certainly offer variety.
Tyler Grange are committed to setting the standard and raising the bar across the ecological landscape. That’s why it’s important that the successful ecologist has:
- First-rate academic qualifications in ecology or biological sciences
- Excellent survey skills (extended Phase I, protected species surveys (at least one licence or specialism) and/or botanical survey(s))
- Excellent report writing skills and reviewing skills
- A developed understanding of legislative and planning policy framework
- Confident in liaising with clients, statutory bodies and LPAs.
- Enthusiastic team player
- A commitment to the pursuit of excellence;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A full UK driving licence
The icing on the cake for us would be:
- Being a CIEEM member working towards Chartership
- Experience working in multi-disciplinary teams
- Multiple protected Species Licences