Your new role
As an Assistant Project Manager in the Central Carbon Team you will be working as part of the team responsible for bringing together the activities National Highways is already taking in delivering the Net Zero Plan, to reduce and mitigate our carbon emissions to meet net zero carbon emissions by 2050.
Working across the company you will be is responsible for supporting the implementation and delivery of a programme plan, which is adaptable and flexible as the work evolves. Using that programme plan to progress, monitor and control delivery to ensure we deliver the National Highways Net Zero Carbon Plan.
You will be expected to work collaboratively as part of a team, drawing in expertise from elsewhere in the division, where required.
What you’ll be leading on
- Support the Project Manager in the management of the Net Zero Carbon work activities using appropriate project management skills and tools. Accurate reporting of progress through reports, dashboards and stage reviews as appropriate.
- Support action plans for the implementation and delivery of the Net Zero Carbon Plan.
- Contribute to the preparation, review and quality assurance of Net Zero documentation, presentations and papers to ensure that they are fit for purpose.
- Plan and prioritise assigned work to ensure timely delivery and effective utilisation of resources.
- Identification and evaluation of risks, issues, dependencies and constraints associated with the Net Zero Plan, escalating where appropriate. Where necessary, develop, agree and implement solutions to overcome these.
To be successful
- Experience of working successfully in a programme or project management environment, with proven application of project management approaches to achieve project/programme delivery
- Excellent communicator, to clarify and ensure understanding of project strategies and solutions
- Strong collaborator, to gain the involvement and engagement of a wide range of stakeholders
- A certification/qualification in project management (e.g. Project Management Professional (PMP), PRINCE Practitioner, Certified Project Management Practitioner, CPMP) and/or a track record of successful roles in this field.
- Ability to work collaboratively, with a range of colleagues, subject matter experts and business partners both in the wider organisation and externally across multiple stakeholders and delivery partners.
- Ability to prioritise to meet tight deadlines and robustly manage a project plan, deploying resources effectively to meet project milestones.
Our benefits package
Our total reward package includes basic salary, the potential for a performance related bonus, and employer pension contributions of up to 10%. In addition to several other benefits!