Are you passionate about programmes, enthusiastic about the environment, love working with people and want to make a difference? Then we have an exciting opportunity to join our new Strategic Environmental Policy Team.
In an exciting and challenging new role, you will provide meaningful programme and project management support to establish and champion good governance, clear communication and excellent customer service. The team leads on programmes and projects related to environmental governance, EU Exit and environmental legislation and international strategy and engagement. You will have the opportunity to support our cross-cutting work on strategic environmental policy, with a focus on interpreting and embedding the Sustainable Management of Natural Resources across our relevant functions. You will prepare technical assessments and advice informing the preparation of Natural Resources Wales and Welsh Government policy, programmes, plans, strategies and guidance. You will work with other members of the team, functional policy leads and liaise with relevant operational staff as well as engage directly with stakeholders. The role is varied and challenging giving you a real opportunity for your continuing professional development.
You will be able to demonstrate knowledge and experience of the following:
- Knowledge of: Welsh, UK and EU legislation related to natural resources, incident management; Welsh, UK Government policy drivers in natural resources, the environment, incident management and the issues and opportunities in Wales.
- Experience of: technical analysis and interpreting a range of environmental information and data; analysing large data sets.
- Competence in a range of IT software, specifically the suite of Microsoft Office software.
- Working with/in nature conservation bodies, water companies, local authorities, environmental organisations and public bodies.
- Working in a programme and project management environment with Project Management experience and/or qualifications.
- Share your knowledge and expertise to help solve problems, supporting all Heads of Business in Evidence, Policy and Permitting Directorate as required.
This role will offer a range of benefits, including:
- Agile and flexible working
- Civil Service Pension Scheme offering employer contributions of 26.6% to 30.3%
- 28 days annual leave, rising to 33 days
- Generous leave entitlements for all your life needs
- Health and wellbeing benefits and support
- Weekly well-being hour to use as you choose
For more information, please visit our website.