Wardell Armstrong is a successful multi-disciplinary consultancy with 12 offices throughout the UK employing approximately 500 staff.
We are looking to recruit 2 x Senior or Principal Ecologists to expand our ecological team at our main office in Stoke-on-Trent. The ecology team works alongside several other environmental professionals within the Firm, including Planners, Archaeologists, Arboriculturalists, Landscape Architects and Engineers. In this role, you will undertake the following:
- Management of ecological elements of projects from inception to post-construction.
- Formulating and leading ecological surveys including for protected species and of freshwater/terrestrial habitats.
- Preparation of EcIAs, HRAs and Biodiversity Impact Assessments, and technical review of a wide variety of other reports.
- Maintaining and promoting high quality client relationships.
- Designing mitigation schemes including licence applications for protected species.
- Assisting with the preparation of tenders and compiling fee quotations.
- Participating in the technical development of staff, coaching and mentoring on technical issues.
Successful candidates will have:
- Experience in ecology, ideally in a consultancy setting, but other relevant experience would be considered.
- Detailed knowledge of UK and EC wildlife legislation, including experience of practical application of mitigation requirements for protected species.
- A minimum qualification of a BSc (Hons) in Ecology, or similar accredited course.
- A full driving licence.
- An adaptable and flexible approach to work, to meet demands at peak times.
- A protected species licence would be a distinct advantage, particularly for bats.
- Full member of CIEEM or capable of meeting this status.
Please note due to the growth of our Ecology business we are also looking for Ecologists (various levels) in London, Bolton and Leeds.
Please visit our website for further details and to apply.