Welcome to our Professional Directory
CIEEM members listed in the Professional Directory are qualified in a wide range of ecological and environmental management services. You can search the Directory to find a competent ecologist or environmental manager based on the services you require and their location.
You may also find our publications “Guide To Engaging A Ecologist“, “What To Expect From A Bat Survey” and “Biodiversity Advice Note: Permitted Development Rights and Biodiversity (England)” of use.
Why engage a CIEEM member listed on the Professional Directory?
Ecologists and environmental managers featured in the Directory are able to offer their clients:
- a wide range of specialist skills and experience;
- a commitment to comply with the CIEEM Code of Professional Conduct, which is supported by a complaints procedure if you feel that this is not the case;
- the reassurance of holding Professional Indemnity Insurance appropriate to the projects undertaken;
- the confidence of working with a professional ecologist/environmental manager who is a member of a leading professional body which promotes excellence in professional practice.
Who is listed on the Professional Directory?
All those listed on the Directory have declared that they are fully insured for the work they carry out, and undertake at least 30 hours of CPD/training per year. This means that, as well as complying with the CIEEM Code of Professional Conduct, they should be experienced and knowledgeable to the latest industry standards.
Each member listed has post-nominals specific to their grade of membership. Membership grades are based on an increasing level of evidenced competence from Associate through to Full members and Fellows. Letters (post-nominals) after the name demonstrate the membership grade attained (ACIEEM, MCIEEM and FCIEEM respectively) with higher levels of competence being demonstrated by the addition of CEcol or CEnv (Chartered member) as part of the post-nominals.
How do I search the Directory?
- Select your area/country.
- If you are interested in a professional ecologist or environmental manager to carry out some work/surveys for you at a property in the United Kingdom:
- enter your postcode (or the postcode of a property in the vicinity of the site to which your enquiry relates).
- select a search distance from the drop-down list of options.
- Click “Search”.
- Your results will appear as a list, ordered in distance from the postcode used during the search (closest at the top).
- You can filter your results by selecting the Services, Habitats, Species and/or Licences that your require from your consultant. Select the relevant keywords from the drop-down filter(s). You do not need to select a keyword for every drop-down box. These keywords should relate to the skills you are looking for in a professional (e.g. great crested newt licence holder) and/or the task you would like to enlist them for (e.g. ecological survey or BREEAM assessment, etc.).
- Outside of the UK all results will be ordered alphabetically by city name. Please note Channel Islands / IOM are currently listed under Worldwide.
- The consultants shown in the results screen will have contact details in their profile so you are able make contact regarding their services.
- Many members routinely offer specialist services over large distances and are prepared to travel so you may not wish to confine your search just to your local area.