There are numerous resources becoming available that give guidance on COVID-19 in relation to site-based practical work such as reserves and visitor management. Therefore we have not provided specific guidance for the NGO and other site management sectors, but instead provide a number of links to relevant information below.
The most comprehensive guidance we have identified is from the Visitor Safety Group, so this is given first. Otherwise, resources are grouped as far as possible by topic and source, but in many cases there is overlap.
Please also note that further information is listed on the COVID-19 Response from SNCOs, Government Agencies and Others webpage.
Visitor Safety Group
Government and related resources
- UK Government
- Outdoor working
- Providers of outdoor facilities (sport and recreation)
- Advice in accessing green spaces safely
- Safer public places, urban centres and green spaces
- Defra reply to amenity sector re weed and pest control operations (8 April 2020)
- Amenity Sector Letter to Secretary of State (23 March 2020)
- Using a boat inland and on the coast
- Countryside Code (England and Wales) (updated 2 July 2020)
- Health and Safety Executive (HSE)
- Welsh Government
- Scottish Government
General statements from NGOs
This webpage was last updated on 4 February 2021.