Guided by our Competency Framework, we deliver an annual Professional Development Programme of training courses, conferences, webinars and member network events, covering themes and topics identified as relevant to the needs of our membership and the ecology/environmental management sectors.
Just one of the many benefits of being a CIEEM member is reduced delegate fees to attend events within our Professional Development Programme.
Our training programme offers around 140 courses each year, across a variety of categories as shown below, and are delivered across the UK and Ireland by trainers with specialist skills and expert knowledge. We work closely with employers and practitioners to ensure that the training content is relevant and delivered in an engaging way.
Our programme includes both field-based practical courses and classroom-based courses, as well as masterclasses which provide a more in-depth exploration of a key topic. Upcoming training courses can be viewed on the Training & Events page, or you can download our latest Professional Development Programme brochure.
We also offer in-house training courses, please contact the Professional Development Team at email@example.com to discuss your requirements.
We run a programme of 5 one and two-day conferences across the UK and Ireland each year, covering topics that are relevant to ecologists and environmental managers in all employment sectors. Our one day events usually include our, Spring, Summer, Irish, Welsh and Scottish conferences and then we also run a two day Autumn Conference which takes place in November/December. Each of our devolved nations holds a conference every year (except if one of the national conferences are held in that area).
These events offer excellent opportunities for sharing knowledge and enabling you to network with fellow professionals. You can view upcoming conferences on the Training & Events page and access presentations from conferences held over the last two years in our Resource Hub.
Our webinar programme runs from autumn through to the spring and offers bite-sized online sessions, ensuring that even the busiest of professionals can access key updates from experts in their field. Our webinar programme is included in the Training & Events listing. You can view the Zoom Webinar System Requirements prior to joining.
Recordings of our free-to-view webinars from the last two years can be accessed from the Resource Hub and recordings of paid for webinars can be purchased by contacting the Office and Finance Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Below is list of our purchasable webinars:
- National Dormouse Monitoring Programme: Effective ways to monitor mitigation projects
- Habitat Structures to Aid Fish Migration
- Chairing Meetings Effectively
- Climate Change Impacts, Adaptation and Mitigation
- DNA Analysis for Species Identification of Bats and Other Mammals – Uses and Limitations
- Creating High Quality Habitats for the Future
- A Best Practice and Award Winning Case Study of Stakeholder Engagement
- Wildflower Grassland Creation
- Lighting Design and Avoidance of Impact to Bats
- Using Bioacoustics in Field Survey
- Delivering the ‘Diversity’ in Biodiversity Net Gain
- Amphibian Entrapment in Drains: A New Approach to Mitigation
- A follow on from DNA Analysis for Species Identification of Bats and other Mammals – Uses and Limitations
- A Refresher for Writing Effective Reports
- Exploring What’s New in the Ecology Assessment of BREEAM
If you are interested in offering a webinar as part of our programme, please contact the Professional Development Team to discuss your proposed topic. For those webinars that are paid for by delegates, CIEEM will remunerate you £150 per webinar providing a minimum of 30 delegates have booked to attend. We look forward to hearing from you and discussing further!
Member Network Events
These are shorter events, such as workshops and field trips, that are usually held during a lunch break or at the end of the working day. The events are often low cost or free to attend and are organised and run by CIEEM Member Network volunteers. Some are open to members only and some are accessible by all. All Member Network Events are listed on the Training & Events page.